The Town of Osoyoos's Finance department is responsible for administering and processing the collection of property taxes within town limits. Property taxation is the single most important source of municipal revenue. Collected taxes fund operations, recreation facilities, development, road construction, and many other services. The collection of property taxes also includes revenues the Town collects on behalf of other agencies. For example, a portion of property tax collections is distributed to the Province for School Tax, Police Tax, BC Assessment, Municipal Finance Authority, Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen, and the Regional Hospital. The Town of Osoyoos Property Taxes also includes municipal utilities water, sewer, and garbage.
Property tax statements are mailed annually by the end of May. If you do not receive the tax statement by mid-June, please contact 250-495-6515 or email@example.com. Property taxes are due the first business day in July. This year, they are due July 4, 2022 by 4:30 pm.
10% penalty if not paid or grant not claimed by the due date. Postmarks are not accepted as proof of payment date.
Properties whose taxes have not been paid for 3 years are subject to tax sale.
Home Owner Grant Administration
Starting May 2021, you will apply directly to the province for your home owner grant, online or call 1-888-355-2700. Municipalities no longer accept the applications, however, eligibility is unchanged.
Property Tax Deferment forms are no longer accepted by the Town of Osoyoos. The provincial program is now completely administered by the Province, please visit www.gov.bc.ca or call 1-888-355-2700 for info.
Paying your taxes
A variety of payment methods are available:
- Mail a Cheque - Box 3010, Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
- Drop off your payment in the mail slot (left hand side of door) at Town Office located at 8707 Main Street
- E-Transfer - email to request instructions
- New Credit Card Online (fees apply)
- Local Financial Institution
- Telephone/Internet Banking - * the account number is the folio/roll number located at the top right of your tax notice. Enter with no spaces and no decimals, ie. 55600987000.
Our online services provide residents the convenience of viewing and receiving their property tax account details online. Visit our Online Services to register. If you have any questions please contact the Finance Department at 250-495-6515 or email.
Sign up for the Town's "Property Tax Pre-Authorized (Monthly) Payment Plan". Current taxes must be paid in full in order to participate in the Payment Plan. Contact the Finance department or access the "Property Tax Pre-Authorized (Monthly) Payment Plan" form. Please ensure you read and understand the terms and conditions before submitting an application.
Municipalities no longer accept HOG applications. You must apply directly with the province.
- Learn more about the province’s home owner grant program.
- Claim your homeowner grant online with the province.
For more information on Home Owner Grants and eligibility contact:
Home Owner Grant Administration
Ministry of Finance
Tax deferment is a low interest Provincial loan that helps BC homeowners pay their annual property taxes on their principal residence. To defer your Property Taxes you must do the following:
- Pay your annual utilities to the Town of Osoyoos (water and sewer user fees, and garbage fees on your Property Tax Notice),
- Claim your Home Owner Grant online with the Province
- Complete Property Tax Deferment online form
The same applies to annual renewal Property Tax Deferment forms. A 5% late penalty will apply if the application is not approved or if you withdraw your application before it is approved.