Phase 1 - Complete
Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Area Plan Phase 2 & 3
The Southeast Meadowlark Area Plan is designed to help address community housing needs by providing a variety of housing forms and tenures.
The Implementation of the plan includes the orderly transition from the current rural fringe character to become an integral part of the Osoyoos urban plan.
The Southeast Meadowlark Area Plan includes an attainable housing component for moderate-income working families.
The Town was successful in optaining approval in principle from the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) for excluding lands over time from the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) on an as-needs-basis, subject to their confirmation that proposed developments are consistent with Area Plan policies.
The agreement with the ALC specifies that 15% of the units must be sold or rented at 15% below market rates.
Updated Criteria List:
1. Applicants must be a current resident of the Osoyoos area extending out to the region as defined by the Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS);
2. Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
3. Applicants must not own or a be a party to any real estate property in Canada;
4. Must be employed in or near the Town of Osoyoos or within the area defined as the RDOS;
5. Applicant’s financial institution confirms that the applicant would not qualify for a mortgage for a home with a value greater than 25% of the homes in the program.
Depending upon the number of applicants a waiting list may be generated.
For application information please contact the Planning and Development Services Department. (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (T) 250.495.6191