You are hereHome › Opportunity to Win a Theme Song
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 19 2019
Opportunity to Win a Theme Song
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
How would you like to have a unique, catchy and memorable song that celebrates the best aspects of your town and lets the world know what makes you fabulous?
As you may have heard this week on CBC Radio, your town has the opportunity to WIN a free theme song that will put your community on the map in an unforgettable way.
Deadline for entry is December 2nd, 2012.
Here’s the best part: members of your community can participate in writing it!
After all, who knows your town better than you do?
What a theme song can do for your town?
- stimulate tourism
- attract new business development
- inspire community spirit and pride
- be a powerful community building strategy
- be an emotional branding tool for your town
- tell the world what makes your town remarkable
Here’s what the Mayor of Vanderhoof had to say about his town’s new Theme Song:
“An opportunity for community building… I was thrilled to be able to get up on stage with all of those who contributed and sing our new song for the first time. But it doesn’t end there. The ‘Heart of it All’ will be used to promote Vanderhoof for many years to come.”
Gerry Thiessen, Mayor, District of Vanderhoof, BC.
How to Win:
Send an email to tell us:
1. Why do you love living in your town/city?
2. What makes it special and unique in your eyes?
3. Does your town have a claim to fame? What is it?
4. How and where would you like to see your town's song used? Example:
- marketing & promotional tool
- public events
- on your website
- soundtrack for video/slideshows
- ring tones, telephone answering greeting, etc.
Maximum 250 words.
Be as convincing as you can. How could having a catchy and memorable song that touches hearts
and taps toes impact your community?
Email your entry to Lowry@ThemeShop.ca by midnight December 2nd, 2012.
Shine a musical spotlight on your town.
Best of luck!
Video showing the ThemeShop songwriting process with Burnaby Public Library.
CBC Radio feature interview about one group’s experience.
Hear samples of theme songs already created.
Questions: call Lowry directly at 604-865-0888.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam