You are hereHome › News Release - Osoyoos Awards Contract for Organizational Review
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 24 2021
News Release - Osoyoos Awards Contract for Organizational Review
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Yellow Fish Storm Drain Painting July 11
Art Gallery Outdoor Summer Sale
*New Location * COVID-19 Mobile Immunization Clinic in Osoyoos July 15 and 16
Osoyoos Council has awarded the contract for an independent review of the Town’s structure and operations – a three-month study which will ensure that the municipality’s organization, staffing and financial arrangements are as efficient and effective as possible.
Council decided this week to award the contract to Helios Group, a Vancouver-based management consulting firm. Helios submitted one of the four bids received within Council’s target budget of $30,000. Helios will be paid $28,000 for project services, $3,000 for travel expenses, plus $3,360 HST.
Osoyoos Chief Administrative Officer Barry Romanko says the Helios review, led by project manager Sean Baird, will look at a number of issues, including:
• Town business activities which should be considered compulsory and which are discretionary.
• The best organizational structure and staffing level for the Town administration.
• A staff succession plan to deal with retirements.
• Financial planning strategies to achieve needed capital and operational improvements.
Romanko says Helios will begin the review in late November with an initial meeting with Council. The study process will include interviews with councillors and Town staff as well as a review of local services and comparisons with the structure and operations of a number of similar municipalities.
The project is scheduled to be completed by February 15, 2011 – which will allow Council to consider its recommendations during preparation of the Town’s 2011-12 budget.
Mayor Stu Wells says Council looks forward to the review, since it will be the first time in 18 years that a third-party study of the municipality’s structure and operations has been conducted.
“It’s time for us to check and see that we are able to deliver the services that our residents need in a sustainable and effective way,” the Mayor says. He notes that a number of other governments have conducted operational reviews in recent years and it is prudent for local Councils to have such studies done every few years, to ensure that they are operating local services effectively and efficiently.
“Independent reviews carried out by reputable management consulting firms like Helios provide unbiased professional assessments and recommendations – and we look forward to the results of this process,” Mayor Wells says.
Printable version of the News Release.
For more information please contact the following:
Stu Wells, Mayor
Barry Romanko, CAO
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews