You are hereHome › FortisBC PowerSense launches the Okanagan Energy Diet
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 16 2021
FortisBC PowerSense launches the Okanagan Energy Diet
2020 Osoyoos Winter Market
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Art Gallery Opening Up Close and Personal March 4
Request for Applications for South Okanagan Aquatic Centre Advisory Committee Member
Art Gallery Opening Our Lakes Connecting the Dots April 1
Date: Monday, September 30, 2013
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Location: Holiday Inn & Suites, Kingfisher Room - Osoyoos
KELOWNA, B.C. – August 13, 2013: Building on the success of Rossland and the Kootenays, FortisBC is expanding the popular Energy Diet program to customers in the Okanagan. FortisBC will be hosting "ener-ventions" (information sessions) throughout the region for customers who want to reduce their homes’ energy use and save money on their utility bills.
"One of the best ways for homeowners to save on their energy bills is to make energy efficiency upgrades to their homes," said Tom Loski, vice-president of customer service for FortisBC. "We saw how successful a community approach to energy savings can be with last year’s Rossland Energy Diet. Since then, we’ve expanded the program to the Kootenays, and now the Okanagan, to provide customers with direct support in making home energy upgrades."
Okanagan Energy Diet participants will get a discounted energy assessment, energy saving products installed directly in their home, hands-on help applying for up to $6,000 worth of rebates, and, if eligible, financing options to make energy efficient improvements to their home.
We are also challenging communities across the Okanagan to work together to save energy. That’s why we’ll be giving the community that saves the most energy $5,000 for an energy efficient upgrade to a public facility.
"The Town of Osoyoos is pleased to endorse the Okanagan Energy Diet. Town Council is pleased to support economic savings and energy conservation which in turn reduce our demands on the environment," said Mayor Stu Wells. "We are pleased to see that this program provides an opportunity for Council to promote a ‘shop local’ initiative for products and services."
- Participants will receive a home energy assessment and installation of energy efficiency products, such as: outlet insulation, a low flow shower head, and kitchen tap aerators, for $60 - 85 per cent off the regular price of $400. They can also use our energy calculator www.fortisbc.com/energycalculator to compare the costs of different home heating energy sources and individual appliance energy costs.
- A local energy coach will help customers through the process and offer energy-saving tips along the way.
- Participants can access up to $4,000 in rebates from LiveSmart BC and up to $2,000 in rebates from FortisBC.
- Some participants may qualify for loans for completing their energy upgrades. These will show up on their electricity bills, making re-payment simple.
FortisBC is committed to helping customers conserve energy and get the most out of their energy dollar by providing financial incentives and energy savings tips for natural gas and electricity. Since it was founded in 1989, FortisBC’s PowerSense program has helped Southern Interior electricity customers save more than 445 gigawatt hours. That’s enough electricity to power 35,000 homes every year for twenty four years.
To learn more about the Okanagan Energy Diet, and for ener-vention dates, visit fortisbc.com/energydiet or call us at 1-866-436-7847.
FortisBC is a regulated utility focused on providing safe and reliable energy, including natural gas, electricity, propane and thermal energy solutions. FortisBC employs more than 2,300 British Columbians and serves approximately 1.1 million customers in more than 135 B.C. communities. FortisBC is indirectly wholly owned by Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned distribution utility in Canada. FortisBC owns and operates four regulated hydroelectric generating plants, approximately 7,000 kilometres of transmission and distribution power lines, and approximately 47,000 kilometres of natural gas transmission and distribution pipelines. FortisBC Inc., FortisBC Energy Inc., FortisBC Energy (Vancouver Island) Inc., and FortisBC Energy (Whistler) Inc. do business as FortisBC.
Fortis Inc. shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and trade under the symbol FTS. Additional information can be accessed at www.fortisinc.com or www.sedar.com.
Corporate Communications Specialist
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam