You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 7, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 22 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for October 7, 2019
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
2019 Osoyoos Community Theatre - Cod Gone Wild
2019 Osoyoos Museum Fundraiser - Burger and Beer
Council Meeting Highlights for October 7, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole, Regular Open, and Public Hearing meetings.
- Bryn White, Program Manager South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program (SOSCP), made a presentation to Council about participating in the SOSCP Conservation Fund. Council directed staff to prepare a report on the Conservation Fund for the Town of Osoyoos’ participation in the sub-regional conservation service established by the RDOS.
- Janis St. Louis and Debbie Dundass made a presentation to Council about Music in the Park’s 2019 season and to request an increase in funding of $4,000.00 for their 2020 season in order to allow them to fix their website, get bands that they could not otherwise hire, and to incorporate local warm-up acts. Council directed staff to bring the total Music in the Park 2020 request of $19,000.00 from the Resort Municipality Initiative funding program to a future Regular Open Meeting for early budget considerations.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council supported the Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC in their $10aDay Child Care Campaign.
- Council denied the Rezoning Application for 4205 Oleander Drive from proceeding further. Had this application been approved it would have allowed the lakefront property to be rezoned from High Density Residential to Low Density Residential.
- Council approved the Licence to Use Agreement with the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club for a term of 5 years, commencing on October 1, 2019, with the option to renew for a five year term. Council also authorized the Town’s signing authorities to sign the agreement.
- Council waived the requirements of the Town’s Purchasing Policy, allowing for the Sole Source purchase of a Cherrington 5500 Beach Cleaner. Staff will bring back a report to Council on the uses of the beach cleaner.
- Council granted pre-budget approval in the amount of $350,000.00 in order to start the tendering process in 2019 for a 2020 delivery of a new street sweeper.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Municipal Insurance Association meetings in Vancouver.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Regional Library board meeting in Kelowna, where the draft budget was presented.
- Councillor Harvey attended the South Okanagan Similkameen Local Immigration Partnership meeting in Penticton.
- Councillor Rhodes shared his excitement about the potential new time change legislation, saying that it is great to see the power of change that can be ignited when the public is engaged and lobbies the government for change.
- Councillor Rhodes encouraged everyone to vote in the Federal election on October 21.
- Councillor King attended the Community Services meeting and shared that a practice wall will be placed at the tennis courts.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillors Bennett, Rhodes, and King attended the UBCM meetings in Vancouver. Councillor Bennett felt it was very rewarding to make key connections with other municipalities and senior provincial government officials. Councillor Rhodes shared that delegates voted in favour of changing the voting age to 16 for provincial elections. Mayor McKortoff had seven different Ministerial meetings on behalf of the Town and other committees.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillors Harvey and King attended the Choose Your Osoyoos meetings, which are related to the OCP review.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Okanagan Basin Water Board meetings in Vernon.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Fire Department’s Open House on October 12th.
PUBLIC HEARING 4PM
- A Public Hearing was held in Council Chambers on October 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM for Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.125, 2019. If adopted this amendment would allow for a craft brewery to be located at 15 Park Place, as well as amend the definition of Craft Distillery to include craft breweries.
PUBLIC HEARING 4:30PM
- A Public Hearing was held in Council Chambers on October 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM for Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.123, 2019. If adopted this amendment would allow for a strata development consisting of six townhomes at 9111 92nd Avenue.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam