You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 17 2021
Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2019
2020 Osoyoos Winter Market
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Art Gallery Opening Up Close and Personal March 4
Request for Applications for South Okanagan Aquatic Centre Advisory Committee Member
Art Gallery Opening Our Lakes Connecting the Dots April 1
Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Donna Gordan, Executive Director, and Lois Brummet, President, made a presentation to Council to share the programs and services that the Desert Valley Hospice Society provides to the South Okanagan. The Society is hoping to renovate the Supportive Care Centre at 22 Jonagold Place and encouraged people to attend their 12th Annual Celebration of Caring Hands Fundraiser on November 23, 2019.
- Osoyoos Elementary Leadership Students made a presentation to Council requesting funding support for their trip to the WE Day event in Vancouver on November 19th.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 1348, 2018 was adopted. This bylaw allows the Town of Osoyoos to borrow funds to secure financing for the Rural Water Twinning – Phase 2 and 3 project.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.125, 2019 was adopted. This amendment allows a craft brewery to be located at 15 Park Place, and also amends the definition of Craft Distillery to include craft breweries.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.114, 2018 was adopted. This amendment rezones the property located at 3810 Lobelia Drive from R1 Single Family Residential to R2 Single Family Residential Small Lot.
- Council moved to consider the South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program Fund in conjunction with the 2020 budget review.
- Council approved the Acting Mayor Appointments for 2019/2020. Council is required to appoint an Acting Mayor to act in the place of the Mayor when the Mayor is absent or otherwise unable to act or when the office of Mayor is vacant.
- Council appointed Councillor Harvey to the Okanagan Regional Library Board, with Councillor Bennett as his alternate.
- Council appointed Councillor Bennett to the Destination Osoyoos Board from November 19, 2019 to the Destination Osoyoos 2021 Annual General Meeting.
- Council approved the 2020 Council Meeting Schedule with the January 6th and August 4th Regular Council meetings being cancelled.
- Council moved to disband the Economic Development Advisory Committee. A revised committee will be considered after completion of the Official Community Plan update and/or the development of an economic development strategy. A letter of thanks will be sent to current members for their service and to let them know if and when the Town is seeking appointees to these committees in the future.
- Council approved the 2019/2020 Special and Standing Committee appointments, which included opting to continue the Advisory Design Panel.
- Council set the deadline to claim bikes which are currently in the Town’s possession as November 29, 2019. Council also resolved that any bikes which are not claimed by this deadline will be offered to the Southern Okanagan Association for Integrated Community Living through Double O Bikes and the Osoyoos Community Living Flea Market.
- Council directed staff to not recommend approval of RDOS Bylaw Referral A2018.207-Zone as the RDOS is currently undertaking a review of the Electoral Area “A” Official Community Plan and this proposal is best reviewed within that context. The proposal is also not consistent with the policies of the Regional Growth Strategy.
- Council directed staff to recommend approval of the RDOS Electoral Area Zoning Bylaw Amendments, and to include a notation that RDOS and Town of Osoyoos staff continue to work together to ensure that incompatible uses are prevented from locating adjacent to each other across jurisdictional boundaries.
- Council directed staff to recommend approval of RDOS Temporary Use Permit Referral A2019.007 as agricultural uses will be continued on the majority of the property while providing for much needed temporary accommodations for seasonal workers.
- Council approved $1,500.00 in funding to offset the costs of Osoyoos Elementary’s WE Day trip on November 18th and 19th, and approved the use of the Town’s bus with appropriate insurance in place.
- Council approved the transfer of $1,500.00 from the Contingency budget to the Grant – Other budget.
- Councillor Bennett spoke to the School District No. 53 report.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Destination Osoyoos Board meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Roy and Jean Burt on their 75th wedding anniversary.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Remembrance Day Ceremony put on by the Legion at the Sonora Community Centre.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the craft fair at the Elks Lodge on November 9th.
- Mayor McKortoff noted that the Soroptimists International Fashion Show will be held on November 16th at the Watermark.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked all the businesses who contributed to Trick-or-Treat Main Street.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam