You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 20, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 23 2021
Council Meeting Highlights for May 20, 2014
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Yellow Fish Storm Drain Painting July 11
Art Gallery Outdoor Summer Sale
*New Location * COVID-19 Mobile Immunization Clinic in Osoyoos July 15 and 16
-Letter from CAMA – Mayor Wells presented the CAMA 15 year pin to Mr. Barry Romanko (CAO) and expressed congratulations on behalf of Council.
-Osoyoos Royalty - Ms. Cara Burton invited Council to attend the coronation on June 30. Speeches are on June 1, 2014.
-FORTIS BC – Similkameen Hydro Project – presented by Bob Gibney, Senior Manager Community and Aboriginal Relations
-Report from Okanagan Basin Water Board – May 2014 meeting highlights received for information.
-South Okanagan Minor Hockey Association - Staff to develop a letter of support for SOMHA in their process of completing the Community Gaming Grant.
-Clara’s Big Ride Six-time Olympian Clara Hughes will be in Osoyoos on May 22, 2014. The forum begins at 5:30 at the Sonora Centre. Clara speaks at 7:30 pm.
-Water Accounts in the amount of $10,026.61 for approval.
-Museum Capital Fund Request- Council approved the current year request from the RDOS reserve in the amount of $29,000.
-Town of Oliver Request for Use of Dog Pound Facilities - Due to a capacity concern Council cannot agree to a rental lease agreement for the pound at this time.
-Jackpine Lane Closure - Council approves providing the hotel contractor with a key to the gate to enable traffic flow when construction will impact traffic flow or when large trucks require leaving the construction area; traffic flow on the Lane remains two-way with necessary signage; a long term solution be considered; a public meeting be held in fall.
-2014 General Local Elections – Appointments - Janette Van Vianen was appointed Chief Election Officer and Lori Scott was appointed Deputy Chief Election Officer.
-Spray Irrigation Agreement – School District #53 Council approved the agreement.
-2014 Capital Works Program Tender Awarded to Grizzly Excavation Ltd.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews