You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 19, 2015
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 22 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for May 19, 2015
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Request for Proposal (RFP) Platform Lift for Sun Bowl Arena
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Public Drop-In
Council Meeting Highlights for May 19, 2015
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
- Okanagan Nation Alliance and Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre Partnerships, presented by Charlotte Stringam, General Manager NDCC, Richard Bussanich, ONA and Ingrid Jarrett, Watermark Beach Resort. Protection of salmon. Mayor McKortoff thanked the delegation and noted that Osoyoos will be hosting 3rd Lakewater Science Forum in the fall of 2015. Staff will work with the partners.
- Presenter - Richard Toperczer, Regional Manager Regional Economic Operations, Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training. Mandate is to work with people in the region to generate the economy and create jobs.
- Osoyoos Royalty Candidates – Emma Fernandes, Tianna Morgan, and Bailey Toepfer.
- Report accepted from Okanagan Basin Water Board (OBWB) May 8, 2015. Register online for the Make Water Work project to win a xeriscape package.
- Osoyoos Museum Society New Museum Project – Letter from Museum Society to RDOS Chair Mark Pendergraft - Council resolved that a staff report be brought to the Committee of Whole meeting on June 1, 2015 concerning appointment of an official liaison to the Osoyoos Museum Society.
- 2015 – 2018 Departmental Business Plan activity updates reported.·
- Airport Lands - Council provided direction to Administration to stop all action for repurposing airport lands to commercial industrial purposes.
- Museum Funding from Home Builders Lease - Council approved the request for $42,000 to fund the Osoyoos Museum Society projects as requested.
- Landfill Fee Reduction Request - Mr. Pond came forward to advise Council that their material was taken to landfill and there is no rate for burned material. Council approved a refund, identified an amount of 40% reduction in the overall cost.
- Landfill Fees Amendment Proposed - Council directed Administration to prepare a report providing options to amend the Waste Management Bylaw 1309 setting a new category for burn material with the fees identified at the same rate as Non-assessed demolition waste.
- Recruitment - Council approved a salary of $39.50/hour for the new Senior Planner position to be added to Schedule A of the Collective Agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and CUPE Local 608.
- Gyro Park Pier – process not fully determined – pier will not be a boat facility but an extension of walking path.
- Public Works Week May 17 – 23, 2015. Town public works staff are very busy planting, cleaning up and working hard. Council urged everyone to thank them for their good work.
- Public Works - Noted that there will be an open house on June 2, 2015 at 6:30 pm at Sonora Centre to explain the 74th Avenue Reconstruction program.
- Museum and Home Builders – Regional District (RDOS) agreed to extend the lease.
Council expressed condolences to the family of John Slater on his recent passing. John Slater was a positive leader and served four terms as Councillor, two terms as Mayor and one term as provincial MLA. The three flags in front of Town Hall have been lowered in Mr. Slater’s honour. John will be missed.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam