You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for March 5, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 19 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for March 5, 2018
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Council Meeting Highlights for March 5, 2018
- #MyOsoyoos Economic presentation from Kenton Gilchrist. Mr. Gilchrist is interested producing vignettes to showcase Osoyoos as a place to live for 12 months of the year. The target market would be to try to attract young professionals and families to Osoyoos.
- Southern Interior Local Government Association (SILGA) presentation from Helena Konanz, Councillor City of Penticton. Ms. Konanz presented Council with a report on SILGA purposes, initiatives, and goals. The power point presentation is attached.
- Osoyoos Town Hall Condition Assessment Report was received by Council for information.
- Council directs administration to write a letter for the Mayor’s signature to the Minister of Education and the Premier requesting that the Rural Education Study Report be released to the public.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council directed administration to write a letter of support to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure to support the paving of the Camp McKinney Road from Oliver to Mount Baldy Ski Area village parking lot.
- Election Amendment Bylaw No. 1332.01, 2018 was adopted. This bylaw amendment establishes the second required advanced voting opportunity for the election to be held on the third (3rd) day before General Voting Day.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1065.19, 2018 was read three times. The Town of Osoyoos operates their sewer system under the Town’s Sewer Rates and Regulations Bylaw No. 1065. Each year the Town’s bylaws are reviewed and when changes are required they are brought forward as an amending bylaw to update the content and/or the fees and charges.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.04, 2018 was read three times. This Bylaw was established to set regulations for services to collect and dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials within the Town of Osoyoos, and for materials accepted at the Osoyoos Sanitary landfill.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1242.10 was read three times. The Town of Osoyoos operates their Town water system under Water Rates and Regulations Bylaw No. 1242. Each year the Town’s bylaws are reviewed and when changes are required they are brought forward as an amending bylaw to update the content and/or the fees and charges.
- 5 year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1339 was read three times. Section 165 of the Community Charter requires municipalities to prepare a Financial Plan for a period of five years, which is adopted annually by bylaw. The Charter also requires council to undertake a process of public consultation regarding the proposed financial plan before it is adopted. The Public can make representation at the regular open meeting (see notices on the Town’s website).
- Council approved that a letter of support be sent to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation on behalf of the Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society and Okanagan and Similkameen invasive Species Society for the Invasive Mussels Lake Monitoring Fund grant.
- Council approved the hiring of Collier International to complete the Osoyoos Community Health Care Feasibility Study.
- Council approved the 5 year term renewal of the Gyro Park Concession to Bordertown Enterprises to add the bistro tables and chairs to the lease and authorized the Town signatories to sign the agreement.
- Councillor King attended the Destination Osoyoos Economic Development meeting.
- Councillor King encouraged everyone to attend the Osoyoos Coyotes playoff games this week on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Councillor Campol attended the School District #53 meeting last week and discussion on the Rural Education Study Report.
- Councillor Campol Thanked the community for the fundraising efforts for various causes in Osoyoos.
- Councillor Youngberg Congratulated the Osoyoos Coyotes for making the Semi-Conference finals.
- Councillor Youngberg advised that winter training at Desert Park is in full swing. There are 40 horses that are currently training in preparation for the spring. Riding club has been established at Desert Park.
- Councillor Youngberg attended the Library Board meeting and they are in the process of hiring a CAO.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a tour of the new houses on the Meadowlark Subdivision.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that the work downtown by the Owl Pub will be going on for two months. Encouraged residents to be careful with the construction as the upgrades to the storm sewer infrastructure.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Aladdin play at the Osoyoos Secondary School this week.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam