You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 19 2019
Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
NOTICE Weight Room Closure at SCC June 19 (Wednesday)
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
2019 Osoyoos Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Opening
Public Open House Evacuation Route Plan on June 25
Grand Opening of Osoyoos Off Leash Dog Park on June 19
Meet and Greet with Minister Sims on June 24
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Parkour Camps July 15-July 19 and August 5-August 9
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
- Report from Okanagan Basin Water Board - Council thanked Mayor Wells for his term as Chair of the OBWB. Mayor Findlater of West Kelowna was appointed chair.
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 deferred to the March 17, 2014 regular meeting.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 adopted.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1065.15, 2014 adopted.
- Waste Management Services and Regulation Amendment Bylaw 1267.06, 2014 adopted.
- 2014 – 2018 Financial Plan (5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1304, 2014) adopted.
- Report 7 Form Based Zoning Approach to Implement the SE Meadowlark Area Plan (OCP Amendment Bylaw 1230.14, 2014 (IRDPA Guidelines)) adopted.
- Emergency Program Bylaw 1246, 2014 adopted.
- Report 5 Wish Property - ALR Exclusion Application Kent Macpherson is invited to present their new proposal at a COW meeting.
- Fire Hall Referendum – Possible Timetable - Report presented identifying on a day-by-day basis the timeline leading to a referendum and to meet the 80 day time period according to legislation.
- 2014 – 2016 Business Plan Approval Council accepted the Plan as presented.
- Bayview Crescent/36 Avenue Storm Sewer Project Tender awarded the tender to H & M Excavating in the amount of $133,536.90.
- Desert Live Financial Request Reduced amount requested to $40,000; $15,000 has been committed by Council. Changed dates of music festival to June 27 - July 1. Council approved to fund the additional $25,000 requested from the 2014 Resort Municipality Funds and Community Development budgets.
- Council consented to the adoption of 2014 RDOS Mosquito Control Extended Service Amendment Bylaw 2602, 2014.
- Migratory Bird Cull Services Agreement with Alfred Kole.
- Osoyoos Traditional Archery School – Licence to use 11600 Strawberry Creek Road for use of lands was approved.
- RCMP Fund Transfer Request. Council approved the RCMP request to use previous approved bicycle maintenance funds to assist with improvements to recently-purchased RCMP sport utility vehicle (UTV).
- Community Foundation for South Okanagan Similkameen Council approved an initial allocation from the Community Service Program budget in the amount of $2,500. The community is invited to meet or exceed this allocation to help build the Foundation locally.
- Municipal Election year – November 2014 will be a change to a four year term and on election spending.
- Kraft Hockeyville - Encourage everyone to become a member online to support the Town’s efforts. March 8 announcement on Hockey Night in Canada – Sonora gymnasium will be set up from 6 to 8 pm for residents to view the announcement
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam