You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for March 2, 2015
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 20 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for March 2, 2015
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Public Drop-In
Council Meeting Highlights for March 2, 2015
Osoyoos Desert Society – presented by Denise Eastlick, Executive Director
INTRODUCTION OF LATE ITEMS
74 Avenue Project Part A and Part B - Council provided pre-budget approval for the project Part A and Part B in the amount of $731,000 (Councillor Rhodes left this portion of the meeting due to a conflict of interest).
Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI) – Update – Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training. The program was previously scheduled to end in 2016. The letter provides notice that the Province will continue to provide funding to the end of 2017 - potentially $300,000. An updated memorandum will be required for the additional year.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.07, 2015 – Council resolved that Bylaw 1242.07, 2015 be read a first, second and third time.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1065.16, 2015 – Council resolved that Bylaw 1065.16, 2015 be read a first, second and third time.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1309, 2015. Mayor McKortoff noted the change in tipping fees was necessary due to the number of loads from other jurisdictions being dumped at the Osoyoos landfill. Council resolved that Bylaw No. 1309, 2015 read a first, second and third time.
- 2015 – 2019 Five Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1310, 2015. Total increase per single family residence - $24.93. Council resolved that Bylaw 1310, 2015 be read a first, second and third time as amended.
- Osoyoos Art Gallery – Request for Permanent Art Installation outside of Art Gallery. Administration to follow up on infrastructure impacts.
- Employee Service Recognition Policy - Council approved the policy as amended.
- Report 1 ALR Exclusion Application for Effa Property at 9419 Spartan Drive. Convening of a public information meeting is at Council’s discretion. Council to postpone making a decision on supporting ALC approval of the ALR exclusion application until after convening a public information meeting.
- Reflection Point Development – Eight More Sewer Services. Council approved the sale of eight additional units to the Development at the price stated in the policy at $23,790, plus related taxes.
- Report 5 Gyro Park Plaza – Stage ‘B’ Plaza Extension. Council resolved that the Stage B work of the Extension project be tendered prior to the end of August, 2015.
- Community Service Grants – Councillor King and Councillor Campol appointed to review the annual Grant submissions with the Director of Community Services; And the appointment will be for the remainder of the current Council term.
- Community Service Grants – Provincial Team Funding. Council approves awarding $500 to each of the three SOMHA teams and the high school basketball team, who have qualified for their respective provincial tournaments scheduled for March 2015. Mayor McKortoff will forward a challenge to other local Councils to support players from their communities who will be participating in the provincial tournaments.
- Miller Springs Limited – Request for Support regarding FORTIS BC Upgrade from Single Phase to Three Phase Power. No action was taken.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam