You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for June 3, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 17 2021
Council Meeting Highlights for June 3, 2019
2021 Terry Fox Virtual Run Sunday, September 19
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Art Gallery Opening The Beauty of Creation September 9
Road Closure Notification - 89th Street
Council Meeting Highlights for June 3, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and Regular Open meetings.
- Doug Robb, General Manager, and Jay Hendrickson, Sponsorship Chair, from the Osoyoos Golf Club made a presentation regarding the 2019 Canadian Women’s Mid-Amateur & Seniors Championships on August 17th to 20th at the Osoyoos Golf Course. The Osoyoos Golf Club requested sponsorship in the approximate amount of $2,000. Council directed staff to bring back a report on providing assistance to the championships.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council directed administration to provide a letter of support for the RDOS grant application to the Organic Infrastructure Program for the development of a compost site at the Oliver Landfill.
- Council indicated their support for the Canadian Urban Libraries Council in its efforts to increase access to digital publications for library users across Canada and called on the Federal Government to investigate barriers faced by libraries in acquiring digital publications and the problems that poses for vulnerable demographic groups in Canada. Council further asked the Federal Government to develop a solution that increases access to digital publications across Canada and assist libraries in meeting the cost requirements to acquire those publications.
- Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1352, 2019 was read for a first, second, and third time. If approved this bylaw will authorize the Municipality to borrow up to $1,500,000.00 to meet current expenditures and pay amounts to meet the municipalities taxing obligations.
- Off-Street Parking Amendment Bylaw No. 1274.04, 2019 was read for a first, second, and third time. If approved this bylaw would allow the parking of Recreational Vehicles for a maximum of 7 days, and would allow the parking of utility trailers for the duration of special events in Town, in the boat trailer parking lot. RV's would require a special permit from the town and both will require payment of the required parking fees.
- Council Indemnity Amendment Bylaw No. 1345, 2019 was read for a first, second, and third time. If approved this amendment would set the benchmark for loss of stipend for a Council member as the missing of two consecutive regularly scheduled meetings (or 30 days absence from duties – whichever is greater) without leave of Council.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.120, 2019 was read for a first and second time. If approved this amendment would allow for a site specific cannabis production facility to be located at 11201 115th Street. Council set a Public Hearing for June 17th, 2019 at 4:15 PM in Council Chambers.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.112, 2019 was read for a first and second time. If approved this amendment would allow for the creation of one new single family and a strata development of 8 duplex lots at the top of the Dividend Ridge subdivision. Council set a Public Hearing for June 17th, 2019 at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers.
- Council approved the variance and issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 19-01 which enabled the construction of a garage in the front yard at 7028 45th Street.
- Council approved the variance and issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 19-02 which enabled the construction of a garage in the front yard at 8407 87th Street.
- Council appointed Vivian Grace Elvik as a Bylaw Enforcement Officer for the purpose of enforcement of municipal bylaws for the Town of Osoyooos.
- Council approved the art display of the Project of Heart at the Sonora Community Centre.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Okanagan Regional Library Board meeting last month.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club invitational event.
- Councillor Rhodes noted that the Dog Park Committee is planning on meeting on June 5th.
- Councillors Rhodes and Bennett thanked and congratulated the Cactus Jalopies coordinators and volunteers for the great event this past weekend with over 600 cars in attendance.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Bennett attended a meeting between Council and the Osoyoos Indian Band.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Bennett attended the Access Awareness Day event at the Farmers Market.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to pay their property taxes ahead of the July 2nd due date.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting with the South Okanagan General Hospital Medical Foundation.
- Mayor McKortoff noted that Global Wellness Day is Saturday June 8th.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a demonstration at Osoyoos Secondary School by the Odd Squad.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to sign up for the Waterwise challenge.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews