You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for June 18, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 18 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for June 18, 2018
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
NOTICE Weight Room Closure at SCC June 19 (Wednesday)
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
2019 Osoyoos Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Opening
Public Open House Evacuation Route Plan on June 25
Grand Opening of Osoyoos Off Leash Dog Park on June 19
Meet and Greet with Minister Sims on June 24
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Parkour Camps July 15-July 19 and August 5-August 9
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Council Meeting Highlights for June 18, 2018
- Mayor’s Message
- Directors presented their portion of the 2017 Annual Report
- Council commented on the 2017 activities,
- There were no
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council Indemnity Bylaw No. 1345, 2018 was read three times. This new bylaw is being brought forward for Council’s consideration due to changes in the 2017 Federal Budget. Town Council remain under the provision that one-third of their remuneration is being treated as expenses related to carrying out their duties (a tax free allowance) and two-thirds of their council remuneration remains taxable.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.106, 2018 was read first and second time. The purpose of this amendment is to amend the Zoning Bylaw to allow the applicant to have a stand-alone detached caretaker dwelling on the property. A Public Hearing is set for July 3rd, 2018 at 4:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.105, 2018 was adopted. This amendment is for Council to consider rezoning to include a new definition for “recreational vehicle storage lot” which removes the requirement to have “neighbourhood consent” and remove the ability to have a sani-dump in association with the storage lot. Recreational vehicles will still be permitted on residential properties as an accessory use to a residence. The bylaw will also amend the Recreational Vehicle Park/Campground zone to include a minimum setback of 2.25 metres between recreational vehicle pads. Recreational vehicles will also be required to comply with the general setbacks for all other uses within this zone.
- Housing Agreement Amendment Bylaw No. 1343.01, 2018 was adopted. This amendment was brought to Council to increase the opportunities to sell near market homes to individual families. The original 20 year commitment was a barrier to the sale of homes to eligible buyers because it was difficult for people to accept such a long term commitment. This recommendation is a five year commitment that aligned with the mortgage programs five year commitment.
- Council approved the Development Variance Permit No. 18-01 (7 Acacia Court)
- Council approved the Victim Services Funding Agreement - Modification Agreement and Town signatories are authorized to sign.
- Council informed Mr. de Raadt that he is responsible to pay for the water connection of his house to the Town’s domestic water service. Council instructed Operational Services department to abandon the existing irrigation water service to Mr. de Raadt’s property at 8921 122 Avenue.
- Council authorizes the OH&S agreement with Talus Safety Inc. for a 3 year term in the amount of: Year 1 $25,000 + GST, Year 2 $26,500 + GST and Year 3 $28,000 + GST; and Town signatories are authorized to sign the agreement.
- Council approved a $1,000 grant to support Gina Pereira in the Miss Universe Canada Pageant.
- Council approved $500 for supplies to install local art on the Town Hall gazebo that will be themed with agricultural significance.
- Council approved the Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB) water and sewer agreement for the Temporary Housing Camp and authorized Town signatories to sign the agreement.
- Councillor King attended the open house for the Downtown Revitalization.
- Councillor King attended the Tim Hortons Camp Day.
- Councillor Youngberg attended the Federation of Canadian Municipalities Conference in Halifax.
- Councillor Campol encouraged the community to be involved and aware of different community projects.
- Councillor Campol attended the Federation of Canadian Municipalities Conference in Halifax.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend Music in the Park when it begins on June 29th.
- Mayor McKortoff School District #53 meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff RDOS Meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the 70th Cherry Fiesta festivities.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged residents to lock their vehicles and do not leave any valuables visible.
Thursday, 21 June, 2018
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam