You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights February 5, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 24 2019
Council Meeting Highlights February 5, 2018
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Request for Proposal (RFP) Platform Lift for Sun Bowl Arena
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Public Drop-In
Council Meeting Highlights February 5, 2018
- Denise Eastlick, Executive Director of the Osoyoos Desert Society made a presentation to Council gave an overview of the past ten years of the Society. The Osoyoos Desert Society requested funding in the amount of $15,000.00. Council thanked all the staff, board of directors and volunteers of the Osoyoos Desert Centre.
- Maureen Hayder, Finance Manager of the RDOS gave Council an overview of the 2018 draft budget.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
Business Arising from Prior Meetings
- Council approved the Municipal Police Unit Agreement with the BC Provincial Government.
- Council considered a report on changing council meeting times from the afternoon to the evening. It was decided that this issue will be left for consideration by the next Council.
- Council approved the agreement with Penticton Model Aviation Club for the use of the Osoyoos Airport for 2018.
- Council directed staff to proceed with the road closure at the Osoyoos Airport and to discuss the future use of Lot 969 with the Province.
- Council pre-approved the budget amount of $20,000.00 to purchase and install the pay parking ticket dispensing machine at the boat trailer parking lot.
- Council gave pre-budget approval of $25,000.00 to repair the roof over the front entrance to Town Hall.
- Council gave pre-budget approval of $7,000.00 to purchase a new Photocopier/Scanner for the Operation Services Department.
- Councillor Rhodes was appointed as Acting Mayor for March 2018 and Councillor Youngberg was appointed Acting Mayor for April 2018.
- Council has committed to annually award three bursaries to graduates of Osoyoos Secondary School in the amount of $1,000.00 for the next three years.
- Council denied the request to fund Pics and Sticks.
- Council forwarded the request from Osoyoos Gift Cupboard to the Community Services grant in aid program for 2018.
- Council approved the increase for the Osoyoos Museum Society to $56,000.00 which will be funded from the Community Services Grant Program.
- Council maintained the sidewalk project from Smitty’s to Peanut Pond for 2019 budget.
- Council did not proceed in funding Mr. Gilchrist request to produce short economic development videos until a formal presentation to Council has been made.
- Council gave pre-budget approval to repair the North End of the Fire Hall roof at Town Hall in the amount of $38,479.00.
- Councillor King encouraged everyone to cheer on the Osoyoos Coyotes.
- Councillor Youngberg attended the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Penticton and thanked all volunteers that made it happen.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting with the CAO, Director of Finance and RCMP regarding the Municipal Police Agreement.
- Mayor McKortoff met with local doctors on the Medical Centre Feasibility Study. The RFP is on the Town’s website.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting with Interior Health (CEO and Board Chair) and brought up local concerns and the importance of the Oliver Emergency Department.
- Mayor McKortoff attended meetings at the RDOS Meetings.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society fundraiser.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam