You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 17 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
Family Day Skate at Sun Bowl Arena on February 17
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on February 18
Osoyoos Concert Series - Ken Lavigne January 23
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Osoyoos Concert Series - Company B Jazz Band February 22
Art Gallery Opening Reception: Creativity in Our Community January 11
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
Osoyoos Fireworks Valentine's Day Dance February 8
2020 SO Chamber of Commerce Member Orientation January 28
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Art Gallery Master and Pupil February 10 to 29
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service – presentation by Robert Linttell, Acting Chair, SO Ground Transportation Advisory.
- Desert Park Exhibition Society – Carol Youngberg provided an update on activities of the Society.
- Report 2 - Municipal Ticketing Information Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.07/Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw 1294, 2012 was adopted.
- Council approved waiving the fees for the Desert Park Exhibition Society to use the hydrant from the Town’s water distribution system.
- BC Transit 2014 – 2015 Annual Operating Agreement - Council approved the signing of the agreement.
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service - Administration to confirm with EDAC and DO and provide Council with a recommendation for an appropriate level of contribution.
- Wine Country Racing Association Airport Use - approved renewal of the License to Use Agreement for 2014.
- Resort Municipality Funding Agreement - Council approved the Shared Cost Arrangement Agreement for Resort Municipality Initiative funding for the period January 1 to March 31, 2014.
- BFI/Progressive Amended Contract - Council approved Waste Collection Contract as presented.
- Multi-Materials BC (MMBC) Landfill Attendant Contract - Education program at the landfill and increased assistance will be required. Drop offs at the landfill depot will require further separation of items. Approved.
- Reclaimed Water Irrigation System Extension – Contract No. 1 - Awarded to Grizzly Excavation Ltd. for the amount of $209,763.75.
- South Okanagan Community Literacy Program – Council approved providing a letter of support to the program.
- Community Service Grant Applications (Grants in aid) Council approved the recommended applications as submitted.
- Haynes Point Boat Launch - Council approves forwarding a letter to the provincial government and BC Parks with a copy to OBWB and MLA Larsen stating the importance of the boat launch and that the Town wishes to be included in further discussions concerning the boat launch at Haynes Point.
- Volunteer Week culminates in Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon sponsored by Town at Sonora on Saturday, April 12 at noon. Four special awards will be presented.
- Community Foundation public meeting on Wednesday, April 9 at Watermark between 7pm - 9pm.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – 20th Annual, to be held on Saturday, April 19.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam