You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 23 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
NOTICE Weight Room Closure at SCC June 19 (Wednesday)
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
2019 Osoyoos Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Opening
Public Open House Evacuation Route Plan on June 25
Grand Opening of Osoyoos Off Leash Dog Park on June 19
Meet and Greet with Minister Sims on June 24
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Parkour Camps July 15-July 19 and August 5-August 9
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service – presentation by Robert Linttell, Acting Chair, SO Ground Transportation Advisory.
- Desert Park Exhibition Society – Carol Youngberg provided an update on activities of the Society.
- Report 2 - Municipal Ticketing Information Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.07/Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw 1294, 2012 was adopted.
- Council approved waiving the fees for the Desert Park Exhibition Society to use the hydrant from the Town’s water distribution system.
- BC Transit 2014 – 2015 Annual Operating Agreement - Council approved the signing of the agreement.
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service - Administration to confirm with EDAC and DO and provide Council with a recommendation for an appropriate level of contribution.
- Wine Country Racing Association Airport Use - approved renewal of the License to Use Agreement for 2014.
- Resort Municipality Funding Agreement - Council approved the Shared Cost Arrangement Agreement for Resort Municipality Initiative funding for the period January 1 to March 31, 2014.
- BFI/Progressive Amended Contract - Council approved Waste Collection Contract as presented.
- Multi-Materials BC (MMBC) Landfill Attendant Contract - Education program at the landfill and increased assistance will be required. Drop offs at the landfill depot will require further separation of items. Approved.
- Reclaimed Water Irrigation System Extension – Contract No. 1 - Awarded to Grizzly Excavation Ltd. for the amount of $209,763.75.
- South Okanagan Community Literacy Program – Council approved providing a letter of support to the program.
- Community Service Grant Applications (Grants in aid) Council approved the recommended applications as submitted.
- Haynes Point Boat Launch - Council approves forwarding a letter to the provincial government and BC Parks with a copy to OBWB and MLA Larsen stating the importance of the boat launch and that the Town wishes to be included in further discussions concerning the boat launch at Haynes Point.
- Volunteer Week culminates in Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon sponsored by Town at Sonora on Saturday, April 12 at noon. Four special awards will be presented.
- Community Foundation public meeting on Wednesday, April 9 at Watermark between 7pm - 9pm.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – 20th Annual, to be held on Saturday, April 19.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam