You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 22 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 7, 2014
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Request for Proposal (RFP) Platform Lift for Sun Bowl Arena
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Public Drop-In
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service – presentation by Robert Linttell, Acting Chair, SO Ground Transportation Advisory.
- Desert Park Exhibition Society – Carol Youngberg provided an update on activities of the Society.
- Report 2 - Municipal Ticketing Information Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.07/Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw 1294, 2012 was adopted.
- Council approved waiving the fees for the Desert Park Exhibition Society to use the hydrant from the Town’s water distribution system.
- BC Transit 2014 – 2015 Annual Operating Agreement - Council approved the signing of the agreement.
- South Okanagan Shuttle Service - Administration to confirm with EDAC and DO and provide Council with a recommendation for an appropriate level of contribution.
- Wine Country Racing Association Airport Use - approved renewal of the License to Use Agreement for 2014.
- Resort Municipality Funding Agreement - Council approved the Shared Cost Arrangement Agreement for Resort Municipality Initiative funding for the period January 1 to March 31, 2014.
- BFI/Progressive Amended Contract - Council approved Waste Collection Contract as presented.
- Multi-Materials BC (MMBC) Landfill Attendant Contract - Education program at the landfill and increased assistance will be required. Drop offs at the landfill depot will require further separation of items. Approved.
- Reclaimed Water Irrigation System Extension – Contract No. 1 - Awarded to Grizzly Excavation Ltd. for the amount of $209,763.75.
- South Okanagan Community Literacy Program – Council approved providing a letter of support to the program.
- Community Service Grant Applications (Grants in aid) Council approved the recommended applications as submitted.
- Haynes Point Boat Launch - Council approves forwarding a letter to the provincial government and BC Parks with a copy to OBWB and MLA Larsen stating the importance of the boat launch and that the Town wishes to be included in further discussions concerning the boat launch at Haynes Point.
- Volunteer Week culminates in Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon sponsored by Town at Sonora on Saturday, April 12 at noon. Four special awards will be presented.
- Community Foundation public meeting on Wednesday, April 9 at Watermark between 7pm - 9pm.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – 20th Annual, to be held on Saturday, April 19.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam