You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 16 2021
Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
2020 Osoyoos Winter Market
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Art Gallery Opening Up Close and Personal March 4
Request for Applications for South Okanagan Aquatic Centre Advisory Committee Member
Art Gallery Opening Our Lakes Connecting the Dots April 1
2014 Community Service Grants were presented
-Osoyoos Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1305, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.01, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1182.06, 2014 and East Lakeshore Drive Water System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1183.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Desert Park Exhibition Society - Council directs staff to charge the non-profit rate as per Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1180.09 for the use of the Sonora Community Centre.
-Working Alone Policy - Employee to call in at start of shift as well as at the completion of their shift, confined space work would follow specific -Confined Space Procedures. Approved as presented.
-Marina Moorage Licence Agreements Council approves the CAO authorizing the agreements for 2014 and for future years.
-Complaint – Jackpine Lane Closure - Administration to review the Jackpine Lane issue with Operational Services and that impacted residents be invited to meet with Council to bring forward input and suggestions.
-April 22 is Earth Day. April 22, 1977 was first Earth Day. Each person over their lifetime contributes 100 tons of garbage. Osoyoos did poorly in the Earth Hour Challenge.
-Council thanked all the Easter Eggstravaganza event volunteers.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam