You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 20, 2020
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 4 2021
Council Meeting Highlights for April 20, 2020
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Yellow Fish Storm Drain Painting July 11
Art Gallery Outdoor Summer Sale
*New Location * COVID-19 Mobile Immunization Clinic in Osoyoos July 15 and 16
Council Meeting Highlights for April 20, 2020
Click on button to watch the video of the Regular Open meeting.
SPECIAL OPEN MEETING
Parcel Tax Roll
- The Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel held a meeting to hear complaints and to authenticate the Parcel Tax Rolls.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Councillor Appleby inquired about the Water Quality Notifications for the Users of Irrigation System 8 & 9. Councillor Appleby inquired if the Town of Osoyoos has policies or procedures in place to notify Council and the community of emergent situations that arise such as the recent positive test result for E-coli in the Water District 9 Agricultural Irrigation System. system. CAO Chabot stated that staff will be looking at this issue to ensure that protocol to inform Council immediately of such occurrences and inform residents when matters such as water quality issues arise. The Director of Operational Services has spoken to TRUE Consulting about developing a more robust water safety plan.
- Staff will prepare a notification that will be sent with the water utility bills advising all users of the Town’s Agriculture Irrigation Systems 8 & 9 of the boil water notice that is in effect each year from April 1 to October 15 each year.
- Council received the Okanagan Basin Water Board (OBWB) Meeting Highlights for April 8,2020.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.27, 2020 was adopted. This amendment allows the property described as 2 Braeburn Place in the urban growth boundary and re-designate it in Schedule “A” of the OCP from High Density Residential to Low Density Residential.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.131, 2020 was adopted. This amendment allows rezone the property described as 2 Braeburn Place from R7 High Density Residential to R1 Single Family Residential, which would match the surrounding properties.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.129, 2020 was adopted. This amendment allows for a residential unit to be used for employee housing, to be located within the existing commercial building at 5401 Lakeshore Drive (Casa del Milo Oro). This Bylaw is site specific; the use will apply only to the Casa del Milo Oro property.
- Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.05, 2020 was read three times and adopted. The Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw sets the 2020 rate for Osoyoos which is $15.27. The Order of the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General under the Emergency Program Act, Ministerial Order No. M083 states, “Despite section 135 (3) of the Community Charter, a Council may adopt a bylaw on the same day that a bylaw has been given third reading.”
- Tax Rates Bylaw 1363, 2020 Council instructed staff to amend the Financial Plan to provide for a 0% general municipal tax increase for 2020. It is noted that the 2020 Tax Rate Bylaw will be returned to Council for the consideration on May 4 and will include a tax due date of September 30 with a 5% penalty applied to amounts unpaid at 4:30 p.m. on that day and a further 5% penalty applied to amounts at 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2020.
- Council approved and authorized the issuance of the Development Variance Permit No. 20-01 at 3 Quail Place.
- Council directed staff to replace the existing poured in place concrete retaining wall on Heron Lane with a new block retaining structure at an estimated cost of $30,000.
- Council authorized the extension of the contract with Waste Connections of Canada for one (1) year for a new expiry date of July 1, 2026 to purchase blue bin carts over a six year period for each residential customer at a cost of $3.65/month commencing July 1, 2020 and that the Town’s signatories be authorized to endorse the contract amendment.
- Council approved the Management Compensation for Overtime during Emergencies (FIN-009) policy. This policy outlines the framework in which management exempt staff can receive compensation for overtime during emergency events.
- Council approved the childcare expansion plans included in the Childcare BC New Spaces Fund application and agrees to provide overall grant management for approved funding. Council agreed to support and provide any necessary additional project funding if the total project costs exceeds the Provincial Funding amount.
- Councillor Harvey was pleased to see the Osoyoos Golf course open with new protocols.
- Councillor Bennett thanked the Town staff for all their efforts during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mayor McKortoff attended several teleconferences with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged residents to go to the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca to find information on COVID-19.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged to go outside for their physical and mental health.
- Mayor McKortoff reminded everyone to practice social distancing and wash your hands often and follow the advice of the Provincial Health Officer.
Monday, 20 April, 2020
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews