You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 18 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
CANCELLED - NOTICE of Property Tax Sale on September 30, 2019
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
2019 Bird Migration Day Open House September 22
Osoyoos Lake Shoreline Clean-up September 26
Business Promoting Business Networking Night Sept 25
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole, Regular Open Meeting, Public Hearings and Special Open.
- Community Energy Association - Peter Robinson, Chief Technology Officer gave a presentation to Council to inform them on the requirements to join the Community Energy Association (CEA). Council directed staff to prepare a report for Council’s consideration on joining the Community Energy Association.
- Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club - Eleanore Dempster, Secretary of the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club gave a presentation to Council on the activities of the club over the past few years. The Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club has requested a renewal on their licence to occupy. Council directed staff to prepare a report for Council’s consideration.
- BR Provincial Nomination Program - Entrepreneur Immigration – Director MacKay advised Council that the Town of Osoyoos has opted into the program.
- Cannabis Consumption in Public – Council directed staff to prepare a report on including cannabis and tobacco consumption in public parking lots and all sidewalks for Councils consideration.
- Community Service Grants Program – Director Davis brought the committee’s recommendations to Council and recommended that it be moved to the regular meeting of Council for approval.
- Flooding/Osoyoos Lake – Mayor McKortoff and Director Van Vianen provided an overview of current Lake Levels and the outlook is no anticipation of problems.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Road Closure, Removal of Dedication Bylaw No. 1350, 2019 was read three times. This Bylaw allows the Jenko Lift Station to be moved and repaired.
- East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 1182.07, 2019 was read three times. The bylaw amendments reflect the refinanced amount required for payment of the debt.
- Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.04, 2019 was adopted. Museum Parcel Tax Bylaw 1300 was established in 2013 to enable the purchase of the future museum property currently occupied by Osoyoos Home builders and needs to be annually updated to ensure the rate is consistent with the rate being charged to area “A” residents.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.119 2019 be read for a first and second time. The purpose of this report is to allow for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 8131 Main St. A public hearing be set for May 6, 2019 at 4:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Community Service Grants Program (Grants in aid) Council approved the recommended applications as submitted by the committee.
- Council approved Councillor Bennett expense in the amount of $50.00.
- Council approved Park Naming Policy (COMS-007).
- Council directed the administration to proceed with the RFP for the OCP Review and Update.
- Council moved to adopt revised Flag Policy CCL-004 which replaces PW-004 Flag Policy.
- Council approved the 2019 Community Service Grants as recommended.
- Councillor Rhodes attended the West Bench Dog Park Committee on March 27, 2019.
- Councillor King and Bennett both attended a meeting on the Community Services Grant.
- Councillor Bennett will be attending a meeting at the South Okanagan General Hospital.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that April is the Daffodil month for Cancer awareness.
PUBLIC HEARING AT 4:00PM
- A Public Hearing was held in the Council Chambers on April 1, 2019 at 4:00pm for the Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.118, 2019. This Bylaw Amendment proposes to change the zoning from C2-Shopping Centre Commercial to C2s-Shopping Centre Commercial (site specific) for the property at Units 1 & 2 – 9143 Main Street.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam