You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* June 19 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
NOTICE Weight Room Closure at SCC June 19 (Wednesday)
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
2019 Osoyoos Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Opening
2019 Free Screening of The Grizzlies on May 31
Grand Opening of Osoyoos Off Leash Dog Park on June 19
Council Meeting Highlights for April 1, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole, Regular Open Meeting, Public Hearings and Special Open.
- Community Energy Association - Peter Robinson, Chief Technology Officer gave a presentation to Council to inform them on the requirements to join the Community Energy Association (CEA). Council directed staff to prepare a report for Council’s consideration on joining the Community Energy Association.
- Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club - Eleanore Dempster, Secretary of the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club gave a presentation to Council on the activities of the club over the past few years. The Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club has requested a renewal on their licence to occupy. Council directed staff to prepare a report for Council’s consideration.
- BR Provincial Nomination Program - Entrepreneur Immigration – Director MacKay advised Council that the Town of Osoyoos has opted into the program.
- Cannabis Consumption in Public – Council directed staff to prepare a report on including cannabis and tobacco consumption in public parking lots and all sidewalks for Councils consideration.
- Community Service Grants Program – Director Davis brought the committee’s recommendations to Council and recommended that it be moved to the regular meeting of Council for approval.
- Flooding/Osoyoos Lake – Mayor McKortoff and Director Van Vianen provided an overview of current Lake Levels and the outlook is no anticipation of problems.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Road Closure, Removal of Dedication Bylaw No. 1350, 2019 was read three times. This Bylaw allows the Jenko Lift Station to be moved and repaired.
- East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 1182.07, 2019 was read three times. The bylaw amendments reflect the refinanced amount required for payment of the debt.
- Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.04, 2019 was adopted. Museum Parcel Tax Bylaw 1300 was established in 2013 to enable the purchase of the future museum property currently occupied by Osoyoos Home builders and needs to be annually updated to ensure the rate is consistent with the rate being charged to area “A” residents.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.119 2019 be read for a first and second time. The purpose of this report is to allow for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 8131 Main St. A public hearing be set for May 6, 2019 at 4:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Community Service Grants Program (Grants in aid) Council approved the recommended applications as submitted by the committee.
- Council approved Councillor Bennett expense in the amount of $50.00.
- Council approved Park Naming Policy (COMS-007).
- Council directed the administration to proceed with the RFP for the OCP Review and Update.
- Council moved to adopt revised Flag Policy CCL-004 which replaces PW-004 Flag Policy.
- Council approved the 2019 Community Service Grants as recommended.
- Councillor Rhodes attended the West Bench Dog Park Committee on March 27, 2019.
- Councillor King and Bennett both attended a meeting on the Community Services Grant.
- Councillor Bennett will be attending a meeting at the South Okanagan General Hospital.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that April is the Daffodil month for Cancer awareness.
PUBLIC HEARING AT 4:00PM
- A Public Hearing was held in the Council Chambers on April 1, 2019 at 4:00pm for the Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.118, 2019. This Bylaw Amendment proposes to change the zoning from C2-Shopping Centre Commercial to C2s-Shopping Centre Commercial (site specific) for the property at Units 1 & 2 – 9143 Main Street.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam