You are hereHome › Council Highlights for February 23, 2021
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 28 2021
Council Highlights for February 23, 2021
2021 Terry Fox Virtual Run Sunday, September 19
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Art Gallery Opening The Beauty of Creation September 9
Road Closure Notification - 89th Street
Council Highlights for February 23, 2021
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
Petitions And Delegations
- Brian Bagnall and Stephen Kushner made a presentation to Council on behalf of the Osoyoos Pickleball Club. The Club requested an Interim Indoor Facility be available in order to increase the number of courts available for play to meet the current demand. The Club also asked Council to commit to having a permanent location for Indoor Pickleball and to provide financial assistance to help move the project forward. Gerald Davis, Director of Community Services, requested the Club provide further information in regards to the timeline and budget for their proposal.
- Jared Brounstein, Director of Operational Services, provided Council with an update on the odour concerns in the community. Director Brounstein reported that staff are working on a 20 Year Master Plan for the Waste Water Lagoons for treatment options and that this plan will be brought to Council once completed for their review and discussion.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
Public And Other Hearings
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.28, 2020 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.132, 2020 were adopted. These amendments change the Land Use Designation and Zoning for the property located at 5601 Lakeshore Drive from Tourist Commercial to High Density Residential. Council also approved and authorized the issuance of Development Permit No. 20-05 which allows for a residential development with a maximum of 65 units to be constructed at 5601 Lakeshore Drive.
- Council gave pre-budget approval in the amount of $35,000.00 to start the ordering process for a Finishing Mower to replace the current 2009 Mower used for maintaining the infield and ball diamonds at Desert Park race track, which is past its expected service life and is need of costly repairs.
- Council approved the grant application to the Community Emergency Preparedness Fund under the 2021 Flood Risk Assessment, Flood Mapping & Flood Mitigation Planning stream for the Osoyoos Lake – Flood/Water Modelling & Mitigation Plan project for a maximum of $135,000.00 and indicated the Town’s willingness to provide overall grant management for the project.
- Council directed staff to commence with the Request For Proposal to purchase a Rapid Response Vehicle at a cost not to exceed $260,000.00 and provided early budget approval for the purchase with half of the Town’s share funded from the Provincial COVID-19 Safe Restart Grant and half of the Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District’s share paid to the Town upfront from their reserves. The remainder is to be financed by an MFA Equipment Loan for up to $154,011.00 over five years.
Councillor and Mayor Reports
- Councillor King attended a Zoom meeting with the Accessibility and Age-Friendly Committee.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the South Okanagan Rural Practitioners meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Destination Osoyoos board meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the roundtable on the coordination of Vaccine Clinics.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Primary Care Network meeting.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Okanagan Regional Library meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the RDOS board meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff reported that the Primary Care Network is looking at how Oliver and Osoyoos can establish a Primary Care centre in their communities.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Osoyoos Lake Water Science Forum planning meeting. The Forum is scheduled to be hosted at the Sonora Community Centre in October of 2021.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Chief Clarence Louie on being re-elected as the Chief of the Osoyoos Indian Band.
- Mayor McKortoff shared that Destination Osoyoos is currently running a Kindness is Contagious campaign.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a conference call with the Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions and the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
Tuesday, 23 February, 2021
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews