Oaths of Office for Council Members for 2022-2026 term
- Each Council member swore the oath of office before the Corporate Officer.
- Council approved the Chief Election Officer's report on the 2022 Local General Election. As per section 158 of the Local Government Act the Chief Election Officer must report to Council on the 2022 Local Government Election. The election of Mayor and Councillors had a voter turnout of 44.1% (2,101 of a possible 4,769 eligible electors).
- Council approved the Bank Signing Authorities.
- Council approved the 2022/23 Acting Mayor Appointments. Under the Council Procedure Bylaw and Community Charter, Council is required to appoint a member to act in the place of the Mayor should they be absent or otherwise unable to act or when the office of the Mayor if vacant.
- Council approved the 2022/23 Special and Standing Committee appointments. Each year Mayor and Council appoint representatives to Special and Standing Committees.
- Council appointed Mayor McKortoff to the Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen Board with Councillor King as their alternate.
- Council appointed Councillor Poturica to the Destination Osoyoos Board with Councillor Cheong as their alternate.
- Council appointed Councillor Bennett to the Okanagan Regional Library Board with Councillor King as their alternate.
- Council approved the 2023 Council Meeting Schedule. Section 127 of the Community Charter requires that a schedule of the date, time and location of regular Council meetings to be held during the year be made available to the public.
Councillor and Mayor Reports
- Councillors Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Councillor King announced the Accessibility and Age-Friendly Committee had a booth at the All Hallows Festival to explain the new equipment that is available to use.
- Mayor McKortoff, Councillor Bennett and Councillor King attended the Osoyoos Lake Water Science Forum.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor King attended the All Hallows Festival.
- Mayor McKortoff welcomed the new Councillors and looks forward to working with them over the next 4 years.
- Mayor McKortoff spoke on the Minister of Health's announcement for a new funding model to help attract new family doctors and retain existing doctors.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control AGM.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the volunteers that helped make the events over Halloween a success.