Committee of the Whole
Petitions and Delegations
Kelley Glazer, Executive Director of Destination Osoyoos presented the Economic Impact and Value of Tourism Report to Council.
Regular Open Meeting
Council denied the Desert Pickleball Clubs request to waive the fee of $2052.00 for the use of the outdoor pickleball courts during their proposed tournament.
Council directed Staff and Signatories to enter into a purchase agreement with Falcon Equipment Ltd. for a new crane truck and dump truck complete with snow and ice control equipment with a maximum budget of $543,250.00 excluding all applicable taxes.
Council passed a resolution in favour of the Town participating in the Provincial Electric Kick Scooter Pilot Project.
- Council approved Zoning Amendment application Z22-04. Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.143, 2022 was read for a first and second time. If adopted this bylaw would allow for the rezoning of the property at 6814 97th Street from R1 Single Family to R2 Single Family Residential Small Lot to allow the owner to subdivide and create one new small residential lot. A Public Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday August 23, 2022 at 2:00 PM in Council Chambers.
- Foreshore and Lake Zoning Amendent Bylaw No. 1294.04, 2022 was adopted and Council resolved to discharge Covenants LB 128118 and LB 128116 to allow for a strata marina facility in the foreshore area of 8000 Cottonwood Drive with a maximum of 40 slips. Council authorized the issuance of Development Permit DP 22-02.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.136, 2021 was adopted. These amendments would allow for a 40 unit townhome development on the eastern portion of the property located at 5003 Lakeshore Drive and a small cafe on the western portion. Council authorized the issuance of Development Permits DP 22-10 for the cafe and DP 22-06 for the townhomes.
- Travel and Expense Repeal Bylaw No. 1379, 2022 was adopted. This Bylaw will repeal Travel and Expense Bylaw No. 1265, 2010 and replace with a Travel Expense Policy that will be reviewed twice a year by staff to ensure clear guidelines and fair compensation for those who are required to travel and attend meetings, conferences, or training.
Councillor and Mayor Reports
- Councillor Bennett attended Trail of the Okanagans meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended MIABC board meeting.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Library Board meeting.
- Councillor King attended the Accessibility and Age-Friendly Committee meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the organizers and volunteers of the Cherry Fiesta.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked Frank Zandvliet and Annette Star for their work on the fireworks.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the Osoyoos Fire Rescue, Anarchist Fire Department, RCMP and BC Ambulance for their continued support with the July 1st Cherry Fiesta. It was a huge success.
- Mayor McKortoff recommended checking in with neighbours, family, and friends during the extended period of hot weather and reminded everyone to stay hydrated and keep cool.