COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
Petitions and Delegations
- Gary Dell and David Sabyan from Wine Country Racing Association spoke to Council about the letter received from the Town and asked Council to reconsider the $2500.00 fine. Administration will bring a report to Council regarding the License to Use Agreement for 2024.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- First and second reading given to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.147, 2023 on December 12, 2023, was rescinded as the Town is prohibited from holding a Public Hearing pursuant to section 464(3) of the Local Government Act. Members of the public interested in this matter may provide written submissions to be published on the agenda for consideration at the meeting of Council at which this application will be considered.
- Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 1279.20, 2024 was adopted.
Mayor and Councillor Reports
- Councillor Poturica thanked staff for the assistance with the Special Open meeting on January 16, 2024.
- Councillor King thanked those who attended the Special open meeting on January 16, 2024.
- Councillor King attended the Age-Friendly and Accessibility meeting.
- Councillor Cheong thanked the Osoyoos Curling Club for hosting the Men's Bonspiel.
- Councillor Cheong thanked those who spoke at the Special Open meeting on January 16,2024.
- Mayor McKortoff attended One-to-One Reading at Osoyoos Elementary School.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the RDOS budget meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff met with Inspector Beth McAndie, the new officer in Charge of the Penticton South Okanagan Similkameen Regional Detachment.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Liam and Markus Ruck on being named to the Canada men's hockey team for the 2024 Winter Youth Olympic games in South Korea.
- Mayor McKortoff received a letter of response from Minister Kang regarding the Town of Osoyoos utilities.