You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights March 6, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* January 16 2018
Council Meeting Highlights March 6, 2017
Public Open House Inflatable Waterpark on December 6, 2017
OFFICE CLOSED (2017)
TGIS - Thank Goodness Its Saturday!
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
2017 Osoyoos Festival Society 29th Christmas Lite-Up
Osoyoos Art Gallery Christmas Artisan Market 2017
Guided Snowshoe Trek at Mt Baldy on December 14, 2017
Christmas Wreath Making Class on December 9, 2017
2017 Rockin' with Santa on December 16
Desert Model Railroad 13th Annual Food Bank Fundraiser
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights March 6, 2017
Welcome to Town of Osoyoos eNews!
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open Meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open Meetings
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
- Cameron Baughen, RDOS Solid Waste Management Coordinator, made a presentation on Curbside Collection. Mr. Baughen discussed the options for curbside waste and recycling for the Town of Osoyoos. Contracts for curbside collection for the Town of Osoyoos and surrounding area expires in 2018.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Business Licence Amendment Bylaw No. 1045.33, 2017 was adopted. This bylaw is to update the Business Licence Bylaw to include fees for the use of municipal parking stalls under the Stationary Downtown Street Vendor category.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.19, 2017 (Regional context Statement Update) was read for a Third time. On January 5, 2017, RDOS Regional Board approved an amended version of the South Okanagan Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) which, in turn, requires Osoyoos to amend the Regional Context Statement (RCS) in our Official Community Plan (OCP) showing how it supports the RGS.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw 1230.16, 2016 / Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1085.96, 2016 / Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1085.101, 2016 – second reading given to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.96 on October 17, 2016 was rescinded and the Bylaw was read a second time as amended. This Bylaw will proceed to a second Public Hearing on March 20, 2017 at 4:30PM at the Sonora Community Centre. This is the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The OCP and Zoning bylaw amendments are to enable comprehensive development of the property for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Town of Osoyoos Municipal Rural District Tax Bylaw No. 1327, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time. The MRDT is an up to three percent tax applied to sales of short-term accommodation provided in participating areas of British Columbia on behalf of municipalities, regional districts and eligible entities.
- BC Transit – Memorandum of Understanding, Council approved the Memorandum of Understanding for the implementation of the Regional of the South Okanagan Transit fees and the implementation of one regional Rider’s Guide.
- Community Services – Sports Funding, Council approved awarding $500 each to both the South Okanagan Minor Hockey Association (SOMHA) Peewee Rep and Midget Rep teams who have qualified for provincial tournaments and $250 For Brody McLean to travel to the World BMX Championships.
- Osoyoos Child Care Facility, Council will delay decision on support of this project until after council has reviewed the total Town budget as to the impacts on the budget of the additional Policing Costs. Council also moved to move this project into the Grant in Aid program and requests that the applicant clarify priority project funding.
- Purchasing 2 Ton-Multi Purpose Truck, the decision of the expenditure for the 2 Ton-Multi Purpose Truck will be delayed for up to 60 days.
- Water Distribution System Extension and Looping Lakeshore Drive project, the decision on the award be delayed up to 60 days.
- Councillor Youngberg expressed concern that some of the decisions today may not be popular but hopes the public will understand council’s position.
- Councillor King congratulated the two hockey teams for making the provincials.
- Councillor King wished The Osoyoos Coyotes good luck in the next round.
- Councillor Campol congratulated Brody McLean for making the BMX Championship.
- Councillor Campol congratulated the Pee Wee and Midgets for heading to provincials.
- Councillor Campol attended Bridges- collaborative issue with Okanagan Nation Alliance.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Kiwanis Craft Fair at the Legion.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the RDOS Board meeting- There was a lot of talk about Waste Management.
- Mayor McKortoff was in Oroville, WA- Water Quality Issues were discussed.
- Mayor McKortoff attended Snowbird breakfasts – was invited to Saskatchewan and Manitoba breakfasts.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the School District 53 meeting where budget was discussed and a letter from Town of Osoyoos on their protocol agreements were discussed.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting at the Fire Hall with Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB).
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting with South Okanagan Community Coalition on Health.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam